Map Popup Area
Transparent Image Northwest North Las Vegas Summerlin Lakes Downtown Spring Valley Southwest Southeast Las Vegas Strip Whitney Green Valley Green Valley South Boulder City Sunrise Map
Northwest Northwest
Silverstone Ranch Sky Canyon &
Centennial Painted
North Las Vegas North
Las Vegas
Aliante Sun City
Summerlin Summerlin
The Vistas /
The Paseos
Eagle Hills Red Rock
Club &
The Ridges
Lakes Lakes
Queensridge Peccole Ranch
Downtown Downtown
Spring Valley Spring Valley
Spanish Hills Spanish Trails
Southwest Southwest
Rhodes Ranch Mountain’s edge Southern
Southeast Southeast
Las Vegas Strip Las Vegas Strip
Whitney Whitney
Green Valley Green Valley/
Cadance & Lake Las vegas The Fountains Tuscany
Green Valley South Henderson/
Green Valley South
Silverado Ranch Macdonald Ranch Anthem Country Club &
Seven Hills
Boulder City Boulder City
Sunrise Sunrise
Nellis Airforce Base Stallion Mountain

Main Content

Las Vegas Valley Water Quality Report 2015

Lake Mead (below right) supplies nearly 90 percent of the water used by Las Vegas Valley Water District customers. Virtually all las-vegas-water-quality-2015water in Lake Mead originates as snowmelt in the Rocky Mountains that flows down the Colorado River. The remaining water—about 10 percent—comes from wells that tap a deep groundwater aquifer beneath the Las Vegas Valley. Groundwater is used primarily between May 1 and Oct. 1 annually to meet peak water demand; in addition, several groundwater wells operate Oct. 1–March 31 to reduce trihalomethane levels in key areas and ensure compliance with state and federal water-quality requirements. If you live or work within several miles of the Water District’s offices at Charleston and Valley View boulevards, or in the northwest valley, you may receive a blend of treated Lake Mead water and groundwater.

Read the Las Vegas Valley Water Quality Report 2015